Collected Personal Data
The ministry collects and process the following personal data:
When applying for a job that is posted on MCIT website based on the principle of lesser privilege and availability of data when knowledge is needed:
- Contact information as phone number, email etc.
- Technical data (for example, address of Internet Protocols, cookies or technical data connected with a service or particular system) if you apply for a job available with us.
Using Your Personal Data
Sharing Your Personal Data
Personal data is being shared after the data holder's consent for legal purposes or, it may be required for the security purposes to implement other law or to fulfil any judicial requirements. The ministry also tries to protect the data provided from the user with the best practices. It works on encrypt the information and sensitive data, and maintain the confidentiality in accordance with the regulations in the Kingdom.
The collection of personal information is used for many purposes, including: providing services of the Ministry and fulfilling its requirements, as well as responding to the inquiries from beneficiaries from the Ministry's services. This comes with developing and improving the beneficiary's experience and ensuring the continuity of providing services with the needed quality.
The Legal Basis for collecting and Processing Your Personal Data
In accordance with the personal data protection policy by the National Data Management Office (NDMO), the legal basis for processing such data is:
- Your permission, whether explicit or implicit, which you can revoke at any time save except for the aforementioned exemptions. In order to do so, contact with us at the email mentioned in the contact us section below.
- Serving the public interest; by facilitating and improving procedures.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We store personal information safely at the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, or through secure solutions of cloud computing services.
Your Rights Regarding the Processing of Personal Data
The data owner who provides his/her personal data to the website of the Ministry is entitled to the following:
- The right to access personal information; the data owner can request a copy of his or her personal data via the email provided below.
- The right to rectify personal data: the date owner can request a rectification of his or her personal data that is deemed inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete, via the email shown in the contact us section below. Your contact information will be used to inform you of the review and update of your personal data.
- The right to destroy personal data: the date owner can request the deletion of his or her personal data in certain situations that do not conflict with the legal bases and legitimate interests.
- The right to restrict processing: the date owner can request the restriction of his or her personal data in certain circumstances and for a specified period.
- The right to object processing: the date owner can object to the processing of his or her personal data.