Government data is a catalyst for innovation in the public and private sectors to build innovative solutions and new business models to solve existing problems.
The Saudi infrastructure market consists of the concerned authorities and the supporting entities of the system, including the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (represented by the National Digital Transformation Unit, the Digital Government Authority and the National Center for Digital Certification - Digital Certification), the Communications and Information Technology Commission and the Saudi Post.
Five high priority sectors have been identified to accelerate their digital transformation, including commerce, education, health, smart cities, and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The public sector (e-government): The public e-government sector is characterized by digital government initiatives that include:
- The Digital Government Authority: The Digital Government Authority seeks to increase the level of interrelation between government agencies by linking them with the platforms they supervise.
- The Government Services Bus: Establishing a central platform for integration and interrelation between government agencies with regard to the electronic transmission of data and information necessary for government services.
- Correspondence: A unified national system for government correspondence.
- The National Contact Center (Amer): This center provides a service for responding to inquiries from the public and beneficiaries of e-government transactions, in addition to providing support and information related to electronic services and transactions provided by government agencies to the beneficiaries.
- Saudi portal: A unified national platform for e-government services, with 2116 available services through the portal.
- Unified National Programs: The Ministry, in cooperation with the National Digital Transformation Unit and transformation partners, launched and developed a number of unified digital platforms to provide integrated e-services to the concerned authorities.
- Meras: We are proud to launch a program that facilitates the access of investors and businessmen to services through a single platform. Through Meras, we guarantee the start of any business in just one day. We have linked more than 12 government entities to the Meras platform, and at the same time, the platform grants more than 50 licenses to practice business activities, as the platform provides 200+ electronic services.
- Etimad: With the launch of Etimad platform, we created an electronic system for government procurement, which serves more than 450 government agencies and provides services to more than 15,000 companies. The number of beneficiaries from government agencies and the private sector exceeded 51,000 in 2018. The number of direct competitions and procurement that take place through the Etimad portal went beyond 63,000, while 139,000 contracts and approvals were registered on Etimad with a total value of SAR 497 billion
- Fasah: We develop a unified window to facilitate e-commerce business, which is achieved through Fasah portal with 22,000+ registered suppliers and more than 9,000 customs and freight agents registered in this unified portal.
- Absher: Absher is a unified electronic platform launched by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology to provide e-services to individuals and businesses, with 11.5 million subscribers.
- Digital Payments: In cooperation with the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) and the National Cybersecurity Authority, we launched the Digital Payments Initiative to pave the way for non-financial companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), to provide financial services digitally. The initiative resulted in the launch of companies to provide services for sending and receiving payments digitally without carrying money notes and bank cards or increasing reliance on mobile devices.
- Digital Certification Services: Another benchmark we have achieved is the National Center for Digital Certification (NCDC). We have successfully improved and updated the technical components of the Digital Certification Center and Data Backup Center to increase the levels of security and reliability in electronic transactions.